Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nighttime Nightmares

A story about my kids that I will never forget. It happened Saturday night, or should I say early Sunday morning. Anyway, I'm sitting in my chair nursing my baby, completely asleep, and suddenly I hear Sierra scream and say, "No Josh, you have to wait." I wake up and run my baby into my husband because I already know what's about to happen. You have to understand my son. He is great at going potty when he needs to. However, when it's in the middle of the night, is he completely awake? NO!!! I find myself cleaning up their bathroom often because I swear he is aiming at everything except the toilet. So I run into the bathroom and Sierra is plastered against the toilet screaming and crying while Joshua is peeing all over her! Joshua is crying because he can't seem to figure out what is going on and why I'm yelling at him. I was livid. I totally yelled at Joshua, "YOU CAN'T WAKE UP LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOUR SISTER SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU?" I cleaned Sierra up, put Joshua back into bed, and cleaned up the wonderful mess all over the bathroom floor. By the way, the next day was the primary program and I am the primary music chorister, ya that made me excited. Anyway, I went to bed just knowing that I would never find this funny. Needless to say, I woke up the next morning laughing. What a night!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Reading your blog made me laugh and remember a time when Tyson was a little younger however we woke up to him standing on the top bunk bed and hitting the ceiling and all the walls that was the longest night and day because we had to not only wash down the walls but also the carpet too. So I totally feel for you! And your poor daughter

Nicki said...

I'm laughing too! That's the best story ever!!!!!!! Better than Rychael peeing a rainbow down the basement stairs. Better than Tiffani looking for keys so she could go pee. It's just a family trait:) Glad your kids got it and not mine!!!! Funny!