Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthdays and Easter

Tyler had a birthday a couple of weeks after I had David. I usually decorate a neat cake for the kids but I just didn't have the energy to do it this time. He seemed to be fine with it, but I felt terrible. We had to light the candles three or four times because he kept wanting to blow them out.


Rob's birthday is the day after Tyler's. I split their cakes. I made half of an ugly duckling cake with half of Tyler's cake. I was not about to have 2 whole cakes sitting around all week. Happy Birthday Tyler and Rob.

This is David at exactly one month old.

Joshua decorating Easter eggs.

Sierra decorating Easter eggs.

We had an Easter egg hunt after conference on Sunday. Sierra got a unicorn costume from her friend the day before and insisted on wearing it.



I woke Tyler up from his short nap to come outside and hunt Easter eggs. For some dumb reason I thought he'd be a little more enthusiastic about it.

By the way, for those of you who are wondering how I'm coping with four kids, it's not to bad. However, most of the day is taken from me because I am constantly having to do something for someone. I usually find that all I have had time to clean is just the living room or kitchen and I've had about 4 or 5 hours to do it. It's kind of qsycho, but I felt more overwhelmed and crazy after I had three kids. David is a very good baby (knock on wood). He does tend to eat a ton, though. I'm getting frustrated because I feel like I should be losing weight instead of gaining it. I sure hope that that will be the case soon.

3 comments:

Nelly said...

Wow! Look at those huge flames on Rob's cake....so many candles! ha ha. ;) It is fun to see David at one month...he's so cute! I'm glad you are adjusting to life with 4. I'm still working on it (the cleaning is definatley on the "back burner", that's for sure)! We'll miss you guys this weekend, and we'll be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

I love Sierra in the costume. Keep that and use it later in life. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe you have four! I really wish I could see the baby before he is too big:( Oops, It's Nicki not my son. Sorry:)

Springer Family said...

How fun! Your kids are all so cute! I love that Sierra wanted to wear the costume, she will look back and laugh later. Glad you are adjusting well to being a mom of 4.